The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm) © Paranormal Discussion & News Forum

A Place for Paranormal fans to come together and have fun

AS OF TODAY, 5-2-2024

MY VIDEO VIEWS ARE NOW AT 1,411,677 !

ANOTHER 1,000 VIEWS.

A NEW MILESTONE FOR MY CHANNEL SUBSCRIBERS AS I BROKE 20,000+ SUBSCRIBERS !

NOW AT 20,175 SUBSCRIBERS !

George Noory interview now AT 4,484 views.

Kathy's Katz video with first appearance of Caesar the Kat now at 4,090 views.

Have a great day everyone !

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2014 1:01 pm  #1

Cars I've owned and my favorites.

I've had a lot of cars over the years.

Worst one was a 1986 brand new Nissan Sentra that caught fire at 12,000 miles. A piece of the engine fell off as I was driving it out of the dealership. My Mother was in the car or I would have taken it back and gotten another car. Eventually I refused to make the payments, they took me to court and the judge found for me.

Favorite 2 were my 1970 four door Chevy Caprice. Big 450 v8 engine that could go to Reno and back with ease, had room to take a nap in the back seat and had real power. But it only got 10 miles a gallon.

I also had a Pontiac Sunbird 1989 red convertible. I loved that car.  GM put aluminum block engines in their cars and we had 3 GM cars blow the head gaskets. Two of them were Saturns. Which is why we stopped buying GM cars and went to reliable Hondas and Prius'es not Lexus.

Also once had a former Dodge Diplomat unmarked detective's car. Used to be owned by Sacramento PD. It wouldn't pass smog and back then I didn't know how to fix it. Once I was on the freeway going back from Livermore. I was doing 120 and some little old lady in a van passed me like I was standing still. Years ago the freeway there was nuts until the CHP showed up. People regularly drove 90 or more day and night. If you drove 65 you took your life in your hands.

Here's what I've owned, some jointly with my girlfriend.

AMC Javelin. Cool car but replacement parts cost a fortune. My first car. I miss it.
1986 Mercedes. No brakes. $800 to fix. Got rid of it.
1966 Ford Galaxie. Would only start with pair of pliers put across solenoid, same as the Javelin. Got rid of it.
1984 Cadillac Coupe De Ville 4 door. Great comfortable car. Had just put in new water pump and radiator. Was hit by illegal alien with no license, no insurance. Fought court case for 4 years as he totalled it doing 60 mph running a light and wanted ME to pay for his Dad's car.
2002 Prius. Hit by hit and run driver and totalled.
Van. Don't even remember what it was. Engine died.
Dodge Colt. Eventually died by side of road near Great America.
1976 Nissan hatchback. Leaked oil but got me to Reno twice. Finally sold it as it kept having brake problems.

We used to buy cars cheap for $ 300 and paid the price for it as they were run down. Now have $ 2000 in fund for newer Prius. Gf is putitng in $500 a month. I am putting in $ 100. More as I get bills caugtht up. Should have 2006 Prius by December.

Looking to control the internet, one video at a time.
In a nice way, of course.

" Never let the enemy pick the battle site. - George S. Patton, Jr. "

2/14/2014 2:04 pm  #2

Re: Cars I've owned and my favorites.

I have an 82 firebird with a glossy smoke/greyish colored paint job looks a lot like kitt. Also an 88 Jeep cherokee ran like a champ.

My first car was a 1993 bonneville supercharged which ran like junk. Traded that for an 88 f150 2x4. That ran ok as I used it for work, but it had a leaky gas tank, luckly it had dual tanks. I also owned a 2003 Pontiac grand prix for a while. Currently I have a 2003 Mazda 6

Board footera