The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm) © Paranormal Discussion & News Forum

A Place for Paranormal fans to come together and have fun

AS OF TODAY, 5-2-2024

MY VIDEO VIEWS ARE NOW AT 1,411,677 !

ANOTHER 1,000 VIEWS.

A NEW MILESTONE FOR MY CHANNEL SUBSCRIBERS AS I BROKE 20,000+ SUBSCRIBERS !

NOW AT 20,175 SUBSCRIBERS !

George Noory interview now AT 4,484 views.

Kathy's Katz video with first appearance of Caesar the Kat now at 4,090 views.

Have a great day everyone !

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2014 12:54 pm  #1

Fun with car, aggravation from A T & T and Comcast.

There's only so much stress someone can take before the mind starts not working at peak efficiency, assuming that one ever did work at such a level.

Dealing with my Mother's affairs wore both of us out and we've been going out almost every day to do things for months, either with her stuff or car things.

So two weeks ago our latest Prius got run over in a parking space by a Jeep ( again, a Jeep ! ) and totalled. Progressive paid us the market value for the car and we went to get another Prius and I didn't notice that the next one didn't have a navagation system on it. I was so frazzled Saturday because somewhere I lost my house keys and we've backtracked everywhere and can't find them.

So yesterday I finally figured it out why the screen was remaining dark. We paid $ 5900 for this one and I'm kicking myself in that we had enough money to get one with the navigation system. Now the latest car apparently has bad brakes on the right side and the cd changer is jammed. The only bright side to it is that since it has NO nav system on it, it won't cost $ 800 to replace the cd drive. Though if I'd realized that not all Priuses don't have a nav system in them. Some guy was too cheap to spend the extra $ 800 to put one in. So now we're going to save up $2000 to get a new Prius and either keep this car as my car ( since I only would use it to go to the store or see friends in SF ) or sell it and use the money as the down payment, the payment for a brand new Prius would be $ 400 a month, not counting insurance. All 3 Priuses had some kind of issue, the first one had a bad catalytic converter which the dealer hid from us, the second had been hit previously in 2 places which the seller didn't inform us of and the alignment was out ( probably because it had been hit in the front end ) and a cracked windhshield, and now this one has its issues. For a year or more, my gf kept saying I don't want to make payments but she's finally tired of getting other people's problems.

Then there's A T & T. I had their internet service for 10 years. NO problems with it. I had Comcast for 10 years with constant service interruptions. So I decided to switch to A T & T. Huge mistake. My Comcast bill was $ 19.95 a month. I got the internet and cable and my bill just got sent in by email and it was $ 600 +.  I've never had a bill like that in my life. Then to add to it ( despite my asking them to fix it for months ) their mobile department kept charging me $ 15 every time I went over the data useage and there have been days they've done this 6 times in one day ! 

So last week I called Comcast and got cable and the internet for one hell of a lot cheaper but this stupid window keeps popping up on the screen on my Mac and won't go away. It keeps asking me to join Comcast wi fi and I spent 7 1/2 hours Sunday dealing with customer service and had an installer come out Monday who said I was getting the box because my wifi wasn't hooked up properly. Well, he was wrong and I'm waiting for them to come out again.

Meanwhile, back at A T & T, I called them to CANCEL the Ipad and the cable and internet and was told that they were sorry I was FRUSTRATED. For some idiotic reason, almost every customer service entity from banks, to credit cards,to utilities uses this word and I find it to be aggravating as hell. If I call up because your company has failed to do what I want despite numerous promises to fix an issue, I am ANGRY NOT frustrated. Then to compound it, the agent offered me lower rates and I said " NO. What don't you understand about the word CANCEL ? ". SO she finally cancelled the service effective tomorrow and I send them back their equipment and they can eat their bill as far as I am concerned. I am not going to pay for the Ipad charges and may have to throw it all into the hands of the PUC like I did with Verizon. As soon as I can I save up the money and go to T Mobile for the Iphone. My Mother got me to get the cell phone in the first place and had promised to pay for it. When she saw the first bill, she paid it but refused to pay for the bill, meanwhile I got locked into a contract I really could not afford. She did this stuff for years, promising to do something then not doing it. MY problem was believing she would act honorably. She loved to play games or demand that things be done her way no matter that it was NOT the best decision for other people, including other members of my family, who didn't have to deal with her directly and finally told her to knock it off.

So once they resolve this issue ( the box stops me from typing and pops up about every 3-5 minutes ) I will be on the net a lot more except for the fact that the heat is murder right now. Today its going to be 89, tomorrow 95. Bleah.

Looking to control the internet, one video at a time.
In a nice way, of course.

" Never let the enemy pick the battle site. - George S. Patton, Jr. "

Board footera